Tuesday, November 18, 2008


my broken camera could take pictures of ghosts.
we have a ghost living in the upstairs hall. she is a younger woman in a blouse
who just hangs out when the house is empty for more than an hour.
ive seen her maybe a dozen times over the years but the camera has taken
her picture a few times when i couldn't see her.
in the 17 years i have lived here three people have died in my house.
two from drugs the other from suicide. none of them were female and this
ghost is definitely from a time long before i moved in.
my most personal visit with a ghost was when i was about eleven years old
in my grandfathers workshop i had a fairly long talk with him, although he had been dead
for seven years by then. he first told me how grown up i was,
i didn't even look around. he was behind me, and i just answered "yeah, that what they all say"
my grandfather chuckled and said " i suppose so, your about to go?" and i didn't know what
he meant so i said, "well, i guess.. i like your shop. i always hang out here."
he told me some more stuff, like how he'll be around. i never looked behind me. i just kept
looking down. i wonder if i would have seen him.

No comments: